Saturday, March 4, 2023
Saturday, March 4, 2023
Season Kickoff Party 2023Sign Up Coming SoonSign Up Now!
V-O-Cal puts safety first. Please remember that all participants are required to be vaccinated. Protocols will be used in connection with food preparation and service (kitchen crew will mask in confined areas and during food services), and social distancing in outdoor areas will be requested.
Project Background and Description
Party With V-O-Cal! Join your V-O-Cal friends for a get together to celebrate getting started with a brand new project season.
Join us from 2pm-5pm on March 4, at 215 Myrtle St, Redwood City. Heavy hors d'oeuvres will be provided, so please let us know if you plan to come. Feel free to bring friends!
Project PicturesMap Link
What to Bring and Wear
For your safety and protection from hazards, please be prepared with the following items:
- Sturdy shoes or boots with good tread. Ankle support will be important where we are building new trails. Sandals and open-toed shoes will not be permitted
- Water bottles or a water bladder that can hold at least 2 liters of water. (You will not be allowed on the trail without water.)
- Day pack to carry your water and lunch.
- Work gloves. (If you don’t have your own gloves, V-O-Cal will provide them. Please return them at the end of the project.)
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen.
- Insect repellent and allergy medicine (if you normally need these things when working outdoors).
- Reusable plate/bowl, eating utensils, and mug/cup.
- A change of clothes for each work day and for lounging at camp to minimize the spread of poison oak.
- Layers of clothing for a range of temperatures.
If you are camping, you will also need the following items:
- A tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and pillow.
- A flashlight or headlamp.
- Camping chair (optional).
- Other camping gear that makes you comfortable
V-O-Cal provides all meals for volunteers from breakfast Saturday through lunch Sunday. Vegetarian options are available for all meals. (Please note that dinner is not provided on Friday.)
- To minimize waste we ask that you bring your own reusable plates, coffee mug, cups and utensils. Hot water and soap are provided.
- A continental breakfast is served Saturday morning.
- Lunch is prepared before hitting the trail. You break for lunch on the trail around 12:30pm.
- Please arrive at camp by 7:40am to register, eat breakfast and prepare your lunch.
- Appetizers and beverages will be available after the work day on Saturday, usually around 4pm. Dinner will follow, usually around 5:30pm.
- Hot breakfast is served Sunday.
- V-O-Cal Executive Director Cathy Moyer
This is some text inside of a div block.